- Growing up in a literate home where my parents taught me the basic steps to learning.
- My dad read me stories before going to bed. The one that stands out the most is a book called "The Hatchet"
- My 3rd grade teacher gave me my first writing assignment and that's when I learned how to use a period and not to use drag on sentences.
- Going into 6th grade I gave my first speach when trying to join the student council committee and I made it.
- Growing up I listened to the radio to catch up on Detroit Tigers games. I learned a lot about speaking from the announcers.
- I also like to read the newspaper on Sundays to catch up on sports highlights.
- I grew up in a blue collar community so I knew what it was like to not have good vocabulary.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Literacy Timeline
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment